Gilbert Road Improvements Project (Project Nos. ST0809-401 / CHN0220D / SS91501C) Overview:
Construction has begun for the final phase of the Gilbert Road Improvements Project, from just south of Chandler Heights Road to Hunt Highway. See our construction page for detailed information and current construction information.
If you would like to be added to our e-distribution, please click here to send us your e-mail address.
Aerial images of the project area are provided on our Project Design page.
The first phase of the project widened Gilbert Road between Queen Creek Road and Ocotillo Road from two lanes to six lanes (three lanes in each direction); and the second phase widened Gilbert Road between Ocotillo Road and Chandler Heights Road to four lanes (two lanes in each direction). These phases also included landscaped medians, bike lanes, curb, gutter, sidewalk, and extensive work on water, reclaimed water, and sewer pipe lines.
- Scheduled to take place Sunday night (MAR 29), Gilbert Road traffic, between Riggs Road and Hunt Highway, will be shifted to the west side of Gilbert Road for work to take place on the east side of Gilbert Road as part of this project.
- Scheduled to begin the week of March 30th, crews will mill (remove asphalt) on the east side of Gilbert Road, from Riggs Road to Hunt Highway, and begin to prepare the subsurface of the east side of Gilbert Road for improvements. Tentatively scheduled to start the week of April 20th, crews will begin pouring curb and gutter on the east side of Gilbert Road, between Riggs Road and Hunt Highway.
- Electric crews continue work installing street light poles on the west side of Gilbert Road, while landscape crews are working on the east side of Gilbert Road, on the south end of the project, to install landscape irrigation, plants, and granite.
- Scheduled to begin the week of April 6th, crews will begin installing concrete sidewalk on the east side of Gilbert Road, north of Riggs Road.
- Crews continue installing scuppers and spillways on the east side of Gilbert Road.
Access to homes and businesses will be maintained throughout construction.
Please be cautious when driving through construction zones, and please continue to patronize your local businesses during this construction.
Nesbitt Contracting Co. is the contractor for the project which is tentatively scheduled to be completed July 2015.
PROJECT HOTLINE: 480.898.4100