Gilbert Road Improvements Project (Project Nos. ST0809-401 / CHN0220D / SS91501C) Overview:
Construction is currently scheduled to begin in October 2014 for the final phase of the Gilbert Road Improvements Project, from just south of Chandler Heights Road to Hunt Highway.
If you would like to be added to our e-distribution, please click here to send us your e-mail address.
Aerial images of the project area are provided on our Project Design page.
The first phase of the project widened Gilbert Road between Queen Creek Road and Ocotillo Road from two lanes to six lanes (three lanes in each direction); and the second phase widened Gilbert Road between Ocotillo Road and Chandler Heights Road to four lanes (two lanes in each direction). These phases also included landscaped medians, bike lanes, curb, gutter, sidewalk, and extensive work on water, reclaimed water, and sewer pipe lines.
- The third and final phase of the Gilbert Road Improvements Project includes:
- Widening Gilbert Road to four lanes (two lanes in each direction) from just south of Chandler Heights Road to Hunt Highway.
- Landscaped medians, bike lanes, curb, gutter, sidewalk, and any utility relocations necessary for the improvements.
- Dedicated right turn lanes, bike lanes and Americans with Disabilities Act improvements, such as installation of handicap ramps at corners, in the project area.
- Excavation of retention basins in the project area to accommodate storm water flows.
Access to homes and businesses will be maintained throughout construction.
Please be cautious when driving through construction zones, and please continue to patronize your local businesses during this construction.
Nesbitt Contracting Co. is the contractor for the project which is tentatively scheduled to be completed July 2015.
PROJECT HOTLINE: 480.898.4100